Tuesday 8 September 2015

Seeking quality education

How do I choose a good kindergarten, a coaching institute, a school, a college or a university to get quality education?
Should I pay few bucks and go through the rankings on popular magazines???..... Should I go through NAAC accreditation grades that institutes boast with lot of pride? or should I rely on those online review sites like mouthshut.com, shiksha etc? or should I blindly go by the tall claims made by our coaching institutes?
Is it okay if I just go by the difficult admission criteria forced on us by institutes like IIMs, IITs or by the packages that their students get? or should I just leave the country and chose the destination to study based on those PISA scores?
But why am I supposed to go through all these secondary assessments, reviews and opinions? Am I so dumb? Are we?
Can't I expect few simple things from every school, college or university to ensure before hand that I will be getting quality education?
1. Disclose the profile of each and every faculty in the Institute's Website just like a physician's license.
2. Publish their views, opinions and writings on their area of expertise.
3. Publish videos of each and every faculty's actual sessions, approaches etc.
4. Disclose the student teacher ratio in each class.
5. Disclose before hand all the fees and expense that I will incur.
6. Disclose all the documents that an institute needs to have to run legally.
then comes the physical resources like infrastructure which most institutes already do and to which they have strictly limited themselves to.
How much do you think it will cost for an institute which already boasts a fancy website?
It actually costs them nothing except when they are trying to sell a mere illusion of quality education!
Share if you agree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.